Thursday, August 21, 2008

My Toddler Hates my Computer

Every time I sit down and pick up my laptop my daughter gives me a look that says "don't do it mommy". I smile and give her a toy to play with, which distracts her for awhile, then she turns around and that's when it happens. She sees me sitting on the couch in her room typing away on my computer.

As soon as my daughter sees me on the computer she gets angry. I actually think she is jealous. I wish she could understand that I love her more than my computer. But there is work to be done and on days I work from home I have to use my computer. I'm not sure when her animosity towards my computer started or why. All I know is that when I pick the computer up she screams and as soon as I put it away she is happy as can be.

So now I must hide my computer use from my toddler to please her. I give her some snacks and toys and then sneak away into the other room so I can secretly check my email and use the Internet. I hope that one day she will understand I do love her more than my computer but until she does I will continue to hide my secret computer affair.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Oh I am so with you. My daughter is not jealous of her one year old twin brothers! Nope, she's jealous of the computer.